Which therapy is best for you or a loved one?
A half-dozen Monterey County therapeutic specialists will explain their specialities during a special workshop at 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 6, in the Marina Library Community Room, 190 Seaside Circle.
The meeting is free and open to the public.
The professionals will describe their specific modalities and how they benefit those with mental disorders, particularly depression, anxiety and addiction. A question-and-answer period will follow. The discussion will be moderated by Bonnie Bufkin, an MFT from Carmel.
The presenters and their topics include:
* Meika Hamisch, LMFT, Mindfulness and Compassion-Based Practice.
* Richard Vielle, PhD, Neurofeedback.
* Bonnie Rose Fernandez, LMFT, DBT
* Jennifer Allen, LMFT, Art Therapy.
* Heather Crimson, LMFT, EMDR.
Another panelist will discuss Transcranial Magnetic Therapy.
Snacks will be provided. The panel discussion is sponsored by NAMI Monterey County. For more information, call 831-375-6264.